Alyssa Milano
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Alyssa Milano

Alles über die Bezaubernde Alyssa Milano

StartseitePortalSuchenNeueste BilderAnmeldenLogin

The Word - SPEECH FOR SPIRIT OF HOLLYWOOD JOHN WAYNE AWARD

Nach unten 
AutorNachricht
Admin Lau

Anzahl der Beiträge : 97

The Word - SPEECH FOR SPIRIT OF HOLLYWOOD JOHN WAYNE AWARD Empty
BeitragThema: The Word - SPEECH FOR SPIRIT OF HOLLYWOOD JOHN WAYNE AWARD   The Word - SPEECH FOR SPIRIT OF HOLLYWOOD JOHN WAYNE AWARD Icon_minitimeMi Jan 02, 2008 5:39 pm

2004:

I would like thank The John Wayne Cancer Institute Associates for Breast and Prostate Cancer Studies for this honor. I feel really fortunate to have a public voice strong enough to affect change in the world and that I've been given opportunity to get to do the humanitarian work that I do. To be recognized with The Spirit of Hollywood Award is a great privilege.

It would be easy for even the most optimistic to get lost in a dark pessimistic view of the social reality we function in. On a daily basis, I remind myself of the power of thought and how it's my obligation as a citizen - and student - of humanity to propel compassion. How can you be pessimistic when regardless of the three dimensional chaos that ensues, we are surrounded by spirit? We have the innate resilience to prevail. Like Sisyphus, with pride and tenacity, we push the boulder up the mountain. I've witnessed the resilience. With my very eyes, I've seen what war does to a country. I've worn the vest. I've smelled the stench. I've heard the cries. I've touched the tears. And yes...... I've felt the hope. It's so simple. Hope. A hope for a better tomorrow. A desire for some good with the expectation of obtaining it. So surely, if the Angolan people, after thirty years of war, can still feel hope, I can too. And if Captain Fletcher Tidwell, in his second tour of duty in Iraq , can still feel hope, I can too. And if Alaa Mohammed Khaled, my Palestinian, Muslim best friend who's name is on "the list" can still feel hope, I can too.

For me, there is no hope without faith. Faith in a higher good. Faith in our own divinity. We are right where we are supposed to be. There is a perfect system at work here. Pain, struggle, heartache, these are all things I've dealt with in my own immediate experience that inspired soulful growth and an expanding of the Self. It's my duty as a warrior of the human spirit to feel these lessons and proceed with the will of the heavens. To pave the way for a better tomorrow for the children that have yet to come. May my ideals be their reality. May their ideals be my reality.

Often these times feel inspiring, like a beautiful beginning. Often they feel cataclysmic, like a devastating end. If it is the beginning, I must be of pure intentions and open my eyes and heart to the suffering of humanity. If it is the end, I must be of pure intentions and open my eyes and heart to the suffering of humanity. Thank you for inspiring me to work even harder and continue to believe in the hope I feel in my heart.
Nach oben Nach unten

The Word - SPEECH FOR SPIRIT OF HOLLYWOOD JOHN WAYNE AWARD
Seite 1 von 1